Working Families (WFP)
Occupation: Former registered nurse/administrator
Occupational Background: Manager, Employee Health Programs; Medical Director, occupational health and safety; Manager, Health in Business Program; Staff nurse, Loyola University Medical Center; Volunteers in Service to America; Social Studies teacher
Educational Background: Duke University, AB, Political Science; Hunter College, MA; Triton Community College, AD, Nursing
Prior Governmental Experience: Jackson County Library Advisory Committee
Community Involvement: League of Women Voters of Rogue Valley; Heart of Medford Association; Senior Advisory Committee of RVCOG; Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
A NURSE. NOT A POLITICIAN.
Keep Medford Working
Lynn knows Oregon families are hurting and our elected officials just don’t get it. Career politicians won’t help get Medford back on track.
- Lynn wants to make Oregon an easy place to start a business by creating a one-stop shop that consolidates the process for getting permits, cuts red tape, and provides information on tax incentives.
- Lynn will work to bring clean industry jobs to the Rogue Valley.
- Lynn will protect funds giving loans and grants to small businesses that create jobs and hire Oregonians.
People Before Politics
If you lose your job or your home, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a Democrat or Republican.
- A nurse for over 25 years, Lynn has the experience to make sure health care reforms passed in Washington, DC really work for Oregonians by lowering costs and making care more affordable.
- Lynn will support new programs for community colleges and universities that provide the critical training we need to keep jobs in the Rogue Valley.
- Lynn will make it her priority to see that schools are open full-time and we get our share of education funding.
- Lynn will protect Oregon Project Independence so seniors can get the care they need in their own home instead of a nursing home.
“I’m a nurse, not a politician. I’m ready to bring fresh ideas and independent leadership to Salem.” –Lynn Howe
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Lynn Howe.)