Representative in Congress
Occupation: U.S. Congressman
Occupational Background: Veterinarian; Small Business Owner; Farmer
Educational Background: Cornell University, B.A.; University of Illinois, B.S.; Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Prior Governmental Experience: State Senator; State Representative; Co-Chair, Joint Committee on Ways and Means; Planning Commissioner.Married to Martha, five children: Clare, Maren, Steven, Ryan, Travis
KURT SCHRADER FOR CONGRESS
Putting Our Families and Communities First
- Kurt secured resources for job-creating projects like a new employment center in Salem, more manufacturing jobs in Clackamas County and a new National Guard facility in Polk County.
- Kurt helped make sure that Newport became the new base of the NOAA Pacific Fleet and the hundreds of jobs that brings to our region.
- Kurt passed a bill creating $44 billion in lending for small businesses and cutting much of the bureaucratic red tape preventing job growth.
- Kurt voted against the big bank bailout and enacted tough new laws protecting Oregon families from the greed and excesses of Wall Street bankers that caused the current recession.
- Kurt forced Congress to pay for what it spends, introduced legislation cutting wasteful spending, consistently voted against Congressional pay raises and even returned more than $100,000 to taxpayers from his office budget last year.
- Kurt is committed to protecting our Social Security benefits from risky privatization schemes that seek to gamble our benefits on Wall Street.
- Kurt stood up for Oregon veterans demanding they receive the medical care they earned and helped our returning soldiers get the assistance and job training they need to re-integrate into civilian life.
- Kurt helped Oregonians win back more than $1.5 million in stalled Social Security payments, denied VA benefits, and delayed IRS refunds.
“Kurt Schrader has been a great advocate for private sector job growth. I’m a small business owner, and registered Republican, but Kurt has won my appreciation and my support.”
Lori Luchak, President
Miles Fiberglass and Composites
(This information furnished by Kurt Schrader for Congress.)