Working Families (WFP)
Occupation: Executive Director, Columbia River Channel Coalition & Association of Pacific Ports; State Representative & House Speaker
Occupational Background: District Director, Congresswoman Darlene Hooley; District Director, Congressman Brian Baird; Oregonians for Quality Health Care
Educational Background: Columbia University; Sheldon High School
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon City School Board; Clackamas County Citizen Involvement Committee
Community Service: Oregon City Rotary; Jennings Lodge CPO; President, American Baptist Churches USA; Friends of Jennings Lodge & Candy Lane Schools; North Clackamas & Oregon City Chambers of Commerce
Personal: Married to Tonia; children, Andrew and Emily
DAVE HUNT: CREATING OREGON JOBS
- Led passage of Jobs and Transportation Act re-building roads, bridges, ports, and rail while creating thousands of family-wage jobs.
- Passed Capital Construction packages re-building community colleges, universities, and affordable homes.
- Passed renewable energy legislation increasing energy efficiency and creating thousands of clean energy jobs.
- Streamlined access to small business loans and grants enabling more job creation.
DAVE HUNT: IMPROVING TRANSPARENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Improved state audits to cut government waste.
- Cut $2 billion from state budget and froze legislative pay.
- Increased penalties on metal theft, predatory lending, and unlawful trade practices.
- Led creation of Oregon’s Rainy Day Fund to protect education and health care during economic downturns.
DAVE HUNT: MAKING HEALTH CARE MORE AFFORDABLE
- Passed health care coverage for all Oregon children, reducing everyone’s insurance costs and creating 3,600 health workforce jobs.
- Protected Oregon Project Independence and nursing home funding.
DAVE HUNT: PROTECTING OUR COMMUNITIES
- Added 139 State Troopers restoring 24/7 highway patrols.
- Toughened penalties for identity theft, Internet predators, and cyber-bullying.
- Authored new law protecting special districts in Jennings Lodge and Oak Grove.
DAVE HUNT: INVESTING IN OUR CHILDREN
- Protected K-12 schools and Head Start funding; provided new resources for Early Head Start and Gladstone’s Family Stepping Stones relief nursery.
- Strengthened Oregon Opportunity Grants to make college more affordable.
DAVE HUNT: OUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE!
(This information furnished by Friends of Dave Hunt.)