Occupation: Retired Real Estate Broker
Occupational Background: Real estate Broker in Oregon and California; Co-owner: Hill Auto Parts; Cement Plant Safety Administrator; Securities Trader; Welfare Eligibility Worker.
Educational Background: Graduated Williamstown High School, Williamstown, Mass. Attended NY Institute of Finance, Antelope Valley College, UC Santa Barbara, SWOCC.
Prior Governmental Experience: Mining Safety & Health Administration Instructor Trainer; Chetco Library Board – elected position; Curry County Hospice Advisory Board – county appointed position.
"Curry County is now faced with many challenges. I believe it is the obligation of every person in office to lead, and not just to react. The next few years may alter our county forever. While we are faced with a huge budget deficit, we still need to maintain and improve services here, and to establish strong lines of communication with all voters. I have the proven leadership experience to do this, have been dedicated to the people of Curry County, and will continue to work for them."
Some of Pat's contributions/awards in Curry County:
- Clara Barton Spirit of Excellence award, "Special Citation for Exceptional Volunteer Service for 2008"
- Lifetime Achievement award from Curry County Board of Realtors®
- Distinguished Member Award from Brookings-Harbor Chamber of Commerce.
- Appointed to Curry County Hospice Advisory Board (serving third term)
- Founding Director of Friends of Curry County Home Health & Hospice
- Curry County Realtor®, of the Year, 2000 and 2003.
- Brookings-Harbor Chamber of Commerce Director (current)
- Elected to Chetco Library Board (serving third term)
- Brookings-Harbor blood drive chair
Pat has been working effectively and tirelessly for Curry County for the last 15 years, and will continue to do so as your Commissioner.
(This information furnished by Patricia Ann Piper.)