Occupation: Business Owner, Boccherini's Coffee and Tea House, Albany
Occupational Background: Small business owner, Contracted food service management, Longshoremen, USAF Airborne Radar Technician,
Educational Background: Liberal Arts AA degree, College faculty selection Committee.
Prior Governmental Experience: Current - Central Albany Revitalization Area Board.
Organizations: Current - Albany Visitors Association (Executive Board member). Prior - Albany Downtown Association, First Alternative Co-op, DeAnza College Employees Union (Past president), Homeowners Association (Past president), and Albany Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program.
- Family wage jobs are the backbone of a thriving, livable community. Education and training including apprenticeship are the surest way to meet that need.
- Drug related crime and identity theft continues to burden the economic and social quality of life in Linn County. We can and must make sure Linn County agencies have the resources to continue to work in a collaborative way to enhance our public safety and livability of our county.
- Downtown revitalization through urban renewal districts is a vital tool for upgrading communities in Linn County. Through these agencies, communities can reshape and modernize buildings to encourage retail business to reinvigorate their cores.
- We should expect greater co-operation between Linn County Commissioners and city administrations so that available resources are used for what is best for all citizens of Linn County.
- Tourism is a clean growth industry within Oregon and Linn County. . We can enhance the economic development of our county. The Linn County Fair and Expo Center is an integral part of the tourism industry. Every effort should be put forth to make the Expo Center realize it's potential.
- I enthusiastically support the Linn Library District and 4-H/OSU Extension Service.
(This information furnished by Gordon Kirbey for Linn County Commissioner.)