Occupation: State Representative
Occupational Background: Teacher; 26 years at BMCC, 4 years high school; small business owner; co-owner family farm.
Educational Background: BS, MS, Montana State Univ.
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon State Representative 1997-present. Eastern Oregon Regional Airport Commissioner '88-'96. Pendleton Transportation Plan Advisory Member '95-'96. Delegate to White House Conference on Families, '80. Veteran, USAF '50-'54.
Personal: Raised on a ranch; Married to Evelyn; 4 grown children, 9 grandchildren; 5 great grandchildren.
EXPERIENCE - AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
I have chaired the following legislative committees:
- Joint Ways and Means General Government Sub Committee-'07
- Interim House Task Force on OR Health Plan-'06
- Interim House Task Force on Seniors '06
- House Water '03 & '05
- Interim House Subcommittee on Water '04
- Interim Joint Salmon and Streams Recovery-'02
- House Species Recovery and Streams Restoration '01
During the '08 interim I serve on the:
- Emergency Board
- Joint Ways and Means Committee
- Joint Committee of Oregon State Hospital Oversight
- Joint Education Design Task Force
- State Capitol Restoration Governance Group
PRIORITIES - AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
CHILDREN are the key to our future: Providing for their education, health care and safety will continue to be a passion for me.
SENIORS are the link from our past: No senior should ever go without needed prescription drugs. To ensure the respect they have earned, "in home services" for the frail and elderly must be enhanced.
AGRICULTURE the key to District 58's economic health: Studies and storage program(s) are necessary to enhance our water supply.
HEALTH CARE for all Oregonians is the key to a productive and enjoyable life: All Oregonians deserve affordable health insurance. Health care professionals must be available in every community.
AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
I appreciate the opportunity to be your representative and will always work to fulfill these priorities. Thank you for your continued support.
(This information furnished by the Committee to Re-Elect Bob Jenson.)