Occupation: State Representative; Teacher, Portland Community College.
Occupational Background: Communication Consultant.
Educational Background: Doctoral candidate, Portland State University; M.A., San Francisco State University; B.A., UC Berkeley.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2005 - present; Chair, Ways & Means Education Subcommittee; Ways & Means Full Committee; Consumer Protection; General Government Subcommittee. Appointed to: School District Best Business Practices Advisory Committee; Joint Special Committee on Public Education Appropriations; Advisory Committee on Genetic Privacy and Research. House Revenue and General Government; Tigard Parks Task Force.
RE-ELECT LARRY GALIZIO
INDEPENDENT LEADERSHIP. CHANGING OREGON.
"As Chair of the Budget Committee for public education, Larry fought for the most significant reinvestment in Oregon's classrooms in years." Alan J. Spencer, President, Tigard - Tualatin Education Association
- Led the effort to add over 3,200 Oregon children to Head Start.
- Doubled financial aid for Oregonians attending college.
- Increased funding for public schools by nearly $1 billion.
"Representative Galizio always works to keep our community safe." Glen Scruggs, President, Tigard Police Officers' Association
- Sponsored legislation to combat internet sexual predators.
- Fought to increase State Police funding and place over 100 troopers on the roads.
- Worked to prosecute chronic drunk drivers for murder when they get behind the wheel and kill someone.
"Representative Galizio understands the needs of our community and is a strong and effective advocate for small business, and for us." Patrick Burke, Small Business Owner
- Led the fight against identity theft by allowing Oregonians to freeze credit reports and requiring timely notification when security breeches occur.
- Strengthened laws to crack down on predatory loans.
- Reduced prescription drug prices and fought to expand Oregon's drug purchasing pool to include thousands more citizens and small businesses.
Endorsed by the Oregon Business Association, Oregon Nurses Association, Tigard Police Officers' Association, Oregon Education Association, American Federation of Teachers - Oregon, Oregon AFSCME Council 75, SEIU Local 503, Oregon State Fire Fighters Council, Planned Parenthood PAC, Sierra Club
(This information furnished by Friends of Larry Galizio.)