Occupation: Executive Director, Malheur Timber Operators, Inc.
Occupational Background: Association Director, Forest products company general manager; rancher; small business owner; Veteran's Affairs Loan Officer
Educational Background: BA, University of Oregon
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon State Senator 1997 - present; Senate President Pro-Tempore; Member, Task Force on Federal Forest Payments and County Services; Vice-Chair, Senate Rules and Ethics Committee
Community Service: Co-founder, Oregon Lands Coalition; President, Chamber of Commerce; Member, Oregon Hanford Waste Board.
A record as rural Oregon's most effective advocate
- Added over 50 Oregon State Police to rural Oregon highways
- Provided mentors for new teachers and school administrators in rural Oregon
- Saved Baker City's historic Carnegie Library Arts Project
- Defeated plan to reduce payments to rural schools
- Gave rangeland communities new tools to protect themselves from fires
- Opposed higher taxes and increased fees
- Increased bail amount for meth dealers
"The natural resource community has a champion advocate in Ted Ferrioli. Few others are as passionate and forceful on the issues of concern to farmers and foresters across the state."
Sharon Livingston, current chair of the Oregon Cattlemen's Association and an alternate to the Oregonians for Food and Shelter Board of Directors (Blue Mountain Eagle, 10/17/2007)
"It is a privilege to be a strong advocate for the people when government actions affect the lives of citizens in our part of the state. Fighting for rural Oregon means keeping a sharp eye on state agencies and speaking with a clear voice among the urban interests. Thank you for the honor of allowing me to serve."
Senator Ted Ferrioli
Oregon Cattle PAC
Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council
(This information furnished by Friends of Ted Ferrioli.)