Occupation: Farmer, State Representative
Occupational Background: Small business owner; Support Enforcement Officer;
Educational Background: Corbett High School; attended Mt. Hood Community College.
Prior Governmental Experience: Chair, House Trade & Economic Development Committee; Chair Bi-Partisan Growth Caucus; Co-Chair, House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee; Governor's Meth Task Force; Business, Labor & Consumer Affairs Committee; Senior & Disabled Task Force; House Task Force on Economy & Jobs
REP. PATTI SMITH
TESTED & TRUSTED: Jobs and Economic Revitalization
- Sponsored and passed the "Mill Bill", so businesses like Cardinal Glass in Hood River can operate on abandoned mill sites
- Legislative Appreciation Award passed the Tourism Bill bringing new revenue and jobs to this area.
- Helped pass the transportation package to support projects and create jobs in our district.
"Rep. Smith was tireless, working across party lines to jump start our floundering economy and create family-wage jobs." Barry Bushue, president, Oregon Farm Bureau
TESTED & TRUSTED: Budgets and Taxes
- Voted against increasing income taxes
- Supports prioritizing state government spending
- Supports creating reserves in the budget
"Rep. Smith understands the complicated state budget. She will prioritize spending and make government live within its means." Jerry Sabel, Volunteer of the Year, Mt. Hood area Chamber of Commerce
TESTED & TRUSTED: Students and Schools
- Supported increased funding for K-12 education
- Supports dedicated state funding for schools
- Pushed for funding for local community colleges
"Patti Smith knows that schools need a predictable source of money. She'll work for certainty and stability in education funding." Fred Duckwall, past chair Hood River County School Board
"I've worked closely with Patti Smith on efforts to combat drugs in our schools and towns, bring family wage jobs to our communities and protect our rural way of life. She works hard and cares deeply about all of us." Congressman Greg Walden
TESTED & TRUSTED: RE-ELECT PATTI SMITH
(This information furnished by Re-elect Patti Smith.)