Occupation: Freelance writer/public speaker
Occupational Background: Owner, Darklady Productions, Inc. Liaison, Woodhull Freedom Foundation. Ms. Oregon State Leather 2004. Board member, Portland Area Business Association.
Educational Background: Portland State University, BA History and Anthropology. Member phi alpha theta honors society.
Prior Governmental Experience: Libertarian Party of Oregon board member; Vice-Chair, Libertarian Party of Multnomah County.
Theresa "Darklady" Reed
Finally a Real Alternative
Theresa's community outreach, volunteerism, and fundraising experience is extensive and coalition building. She has raised thousands of dollars for worthy causes and is a voice of hope and empowerment during a time of increasing economic and social hostility.
Difficult times call for innovative thinking and the empowerment of the individual not more tried and failed methods of partisan bickering. Theresa will not compromise the rights of citizens, but will listen to ideas from both sides of the Senate floor.
Theresa Supports Individual Rights & Community Integrity
Theresa believes that:
- Discrimination has no place in Oregon's Constitution.
- Women and men have the right to choose.
- Education alternatives enrich and empower.
- Oregonians need more job alternatives, not fewer.
- Dissent is patriotic.
- Social services should serve, not threaten, families and children.
- The USA PATRIOT Act puts Americans at risk.
- Tax fairness includes the poor and middle class, not just the rich.
- Children learn from what they see. Bring the troops home and teach peace.
- Salmon and scenery are better than strip-malls and high density.
- Mass transit is a great idea poorly executed at taxpayer expense.
- Expensive, knee-jerk reservoir policies do not serve communities.
- The War on Drugs is a terrorist attack against Americans.
- Mandatory minimum sentencing requirements hamstring justice.
- Where there is life, there is hope.
- Individuals matter and can make a difference.
(This information furnished by Friends of Darklady.)