Occupation: Principal, French Prairie Middle School.
Occupational Background: I've worked as a farm hand; school janitor; and teacher.
Educational Background: As a working single mother, I earned my Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Western Oregon University.
Prior Governmental Experience: Chair of the Mt. Angel School Board.
I'd like you to remember one thing about me before you cast your vote: I will never stop working for you.
I'm no stranger to hard work in tough times. I grew up poor with 13 brothers and sisters. We were always struggling to make ends meet. I learned that to make things better, you have to be strong and committed to your goals. That's why I finally made it to college as a single mom at 36. Eventually, I built a better life for my family.
As an educator, I didn't quit working hard. I took on the challenge of working at tough schools because that's where my help was needed.
The challenges I've faced in my life did not require Democratic or Republican solutions; they required common sense and hard work.
As your representative, I will:
- Fight the skyrocketing cost of healthcare and life-saving medicine.
- Support programs that help seniors live independently in their homes.
- Save $100 million from our schools' healthcare costs by eliminating insurance middlemen and I will put the money in the classroom where it belongs.
- Work with small businesses to create quality jobs with benefits and prevent our jobs from being shipped overseas.
- Reduce government waste by making bureaucrats accountable for their budgets.
Most importantly, I will work to restore cooperation and common sense in the Capitol so that we can tackle the challenges facing Oregon.
A few organizations that support me:
Oregon Business Association PAC
Oregon Association For Retired Citizens
Oregon Nurses Association
Oregon Council of Police Associations
Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
Oregonians for Schools
(This information furnished by Elect Betty Komp.)