Occupation: Oregon State Treasurer
Occupational Background: small business owner; international trade analyst
Educational Background: MBA, George Washington University; BA, Economics
Prior Governmental Experience: Member, Corporate Governance Committee-National Association of State Treasurers; State Land Board; Chair, Oregon college savings board and State Debt Policy Advisory Commission; State Representative
Personal: Randall and Julia have three school-aged children; Trillium Family Services board: overseeing Children's Farm Home, Parry Center for Children, and Waverly Children's Home; school volunteer
STATE TREASURER RANDALL EDWARDS
Financial Leadership with Results!
"I know the value of your hard-earned dollars. That's why, for
the past four years, I have made government more accountable, increased and
protected state investments, and saved money. I would appreciate your vote
to continue this work."
RANDALL EDWARDS Saving Money, Increasing Accountability:
- Created innovative financial programs saving taxpayers money, such as voter-approved Measure 29. This smart refinancing plan saves $1 billion.
- Protected our money by holding Wall Street accountable. Facing mutual fund scandals, Edwards investigated firms when allegations of major financial improprieties arose and became a national leader in firing those firms.
- Established investment protection principles to safeguard our investments.
- Provided sound financial management. Funds under Edwards' management hit an all-time high of $56 billion.
- Increased financial accountability through cash management audits.
RANDALL EDWARDS Dedicated to Oregon Values:
- Protected our schools by creating a K-12 rainy-day fund through Measure 19. Edwards understands the importance of schools to our families.
- Created new jobs by investing in Oregon.
- Created and improved Oregon's college savings program, allowing Oregonians to save $2,000 a year tax-free for college.
- Expanded healthcare research at OHSU and affordable housing for working families and low-income seniors.
Edward's earned broad support from:
Oregon Education Association, Oregon Business Association, Oregon AFL-CIO, Credit Union Association of Oregon, Oregon Farm Bureau Federation, Oregon Bankers Association, Oregon League of Conservation Voters, L.L. "Stub" Stewart, Governor Barbara Roberts and citizens all across the state.
RANDALL EDWARDS FINANCIAL LEADERSHIP WITH RESULTS!
(This information furnished by Randall Edwards for State Treasurer Committee.)