Occupation: Secretary of State
Occupational Background: Television Journalist; Owner, restaurant and video production company; Executive Director, For the Sake of the Salmon;
Educational Background: Graduate of University of Chicago High School; attended Antioch College
Prior Governmental Experience: Senate President; Senate Majority Leader; State Senator; State Representative
Oregon's Secretary of State
Safeguarding Tax Dollars
- As Oregon's chief auditor, Bill has identified savings of tens of millions of dollars in over 200 audits.
- Audited public schools so dollars are spent in the classroom, not on bureaucracy
- Cracked down on reckless Lottery spending.
Helping Create Jobs in Oregon
- Bill has made it easier to do business in Oregon. During Bill's tenure, business start-up fees were reduced from $440 to $50.
- Creating a "one stop shop" making it easier to start a business.
Fair and Honest Elections
- Eliminated all punch card ballots in Oregon.
- Required all recounts to be done by hand with paper ballots.
- Protected the Voters' Pamphlet, when others tried to eliminate it.
- Combated fraud in the initiative process.
"I believe that in these challenging times government must do more with less, and has an obligation to makes sure that our tax dollars are spent carefully. As the state's auditor, I have worked relentlessly to reduce fraud, waste, and abuse in state government.
I am also proud to have safeguarded the integrity of our election system, while defending our Voters' Pamphlet and vote-by-mail.
Thank you for your support. I am asking for your vote so, together, we can protect what's best about Oregon."
(This information furnished by Bill Bradbury.)