Occupational Background: None
Educational Background: B.A., University of Oregon
Prior Governmental Experience: Precinct Committee Person
Dear friends, family & neighbors,
Like you, I love the state of Oregon and look fondly on the experiences and memories it will provide me and my family for a lifetime. However, I feel this state is headed down the wrong track. I’m running for State Representative to get Oregon back on the right path. For too long, we have depended on the same tired, old politicians and politics as usual. I will be an independent voice and an independent thinker for you in Salem. My three top priorities are:
Creating Jobs: Jobs are the basis of a stable economy. Getting Oregonians back to work will be my top priority as your next State Representative To do this we must:
- Reduce taxes on small businesses and families.
- Encourage our natural resource industries including timber, farming, and ranching.
- Remove business-crippling regulations.
Improve Oregon’s Business Climate: We cannot continue the tired old pattern of spend and then tax politics. It is time for a change. Elected leaders must:
- Find a way to get to “yes” when someone wants to create jobs in Oregon.
- Create an environment where businesses can flourish without the burden of excessive taxation.
- Put more of your hard-earned cash back in your wallet.
Controlling Spending and Put Schools First: Contrary to popular opinion, we’re not dealing with a lack of proper funding, we’re dealing with a lack of effective budget management Here are my principles:
- You can’t spend what you don’t have.
- Stop holding school budgets hostage to tax increases.
- Prioritize budgets and place children, seniors and the disabled at the front of the line.
I look forward to serving you.
Join me for a fresh start in Salem!
(This information furnished by Simone Gordon for State Representative.)