Representative in Congress
Pacific Green (PGP)
Occupation: Chemist, retired
Occupational Background: 1978 to 2007 – research chemist at Oregon State University; 1977 to 1978 – research chemist, Johns Hopkins University; 1976 to 1977 – research chemist, Medical College of Virginia; 1973 to 1975 – US Peace Corps, teacher in Lesotho, Southern Africa
Educational Background: MA (1989), home economics, Oregon State University; BA (1973), biochemistry, Oregon State University
Prior Governmental Experience: Corvallis City Council, 1999-2000, 2007-2010
The need for Green leadership in Oregon and the USA is more urgent each day.
- End imperialist wars that enrich oil companies at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.
- Establish a national health system of community based medicine with single payer insurance.
- Fund an education system that invests in developing the full potential of our youth. There is no justification for tuition at any level.
- Invest in transportation that de-emphasizes the singlepassenger automobile.
- Upgrade and expand the rail system. Reduce dependence on long-haul freight trucking.
- Decriminalize all drug use. Provide appropriate medical treatment for addicts.
- Shut down the small arms export business that fuels global violence.
- Recognize the right of all workers to organize, including agricultural workers, home care aides, undocumented persons, and workers in Viet Nam, China and Indonesia. The USA should not trade with countries that practice slavery through military intervention in labor disputes.
- Enforce environmental and safety rules. End the ecological and human disasters created by rapacious unregulated fossil fuel companies.
As a peace candidate, I pledge to never vote for the “supplemental” funding bills that finance the wars against the people of Iraq and Afghanistan and I will never vote for an increase in the military budget. I will work to get USA troops out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Colombia, Cuba, Japan, Korea and scores of other nations.
Invest in a sustainable and secure future. Stop investing in death and international larceny.
Vote Peace! Vote Green!
(This information furnished by Mike Beilstein.)