Occupation: State Senator
Occupational Background: Business Owner, Farmer, Teacher
Educational Background: Cornell University, B.S.; University of Illinois, M.S.; Portland State University, M.S.
Prior Governmental Experience: Clackamas County Commissioner
Personal: Married to Kurt; Children: Claire, Maren, Steven, Ryan, Travis
Community Service: Clackamas County Business Alliance, American Red Cross, Clackamas Women's Services
ELECT MARTHA SCHRADER
OREGON STATE SENATOR
Senator Martha Schrader: Real Results, the Right Priorities
Serving Our Veterans:
- Martha fights for returning veterans helping them succeed in this tough economy.
- Martha championed legislation to provide a soft-landing for our veterans with affordable college tuition and job training.
"Martha's unwavering commitment to veterans, as in co-chairing the Governor's Task Force on Veteran's Reintegration and support of Veteran's initiatives in the Legislature, helps make Oregon a leader in providing for our troops and their families."
- Scott McCrae COL (Ret), Army
Putting Oregonians Back to Work:
- Martha co-sponsored legislation to give small businesses access to loans to create and save jobs.
- Martha will work to make community college and job training programs affordable and accessible to get more Oregonians better jobs in high demand trades.
"The North Clackamas Chamber of Commerce endorsed Martha Schrader because she's a leader in helping our local businesses weather this tough economy."
-Wilda Parks, President/CEODefending Our Communities:
North Clackamas Chamber of Commerce
- Martha fights for seniors, protecting funding for services so they can stay independent in their homes.
- Martha works with public safety officials to reduce domestic violence against women and protect our children from predators.
"Martha is a great partner in our efforts to protect children who have been abused or neglected and women who are victims of domestic violence."
- John Foote, Clackamas County District Attorney
- Oregon Police Chiefs for Safer Communities
- Oregon Business Association
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Oregon Forest Industries Council - Stand for Children
- Oregon Nurseries' PAC - Oregon Education Association
(This information furnished by Martha Schrader.)