Occupational Background: Stauffer's Refinishing; Elgin EDGE Economic Development Coordinator.
Educational Background: Crater High School '77; OSU Animal Science 120 credit hours; economic development courses 93 class hours.
Prior Governmental Experience: Enterprise Planning Commission; Enterprise Budget Committee Chair; Wallowa Union Railroad Board; Governor's Office of Rural Policy Advisory Committee; Elgin City Councilman.
Community Service: Wallowa County Chamber; Wallowa County Business Facilitation; Economic Action Team; Oregon Rural Congress; Eastern Oregon Telecommunication Committee; Eastern Oregon Rural Alliance; Union County Chamber Business Contact and Marketing Committees; Elgin Chamber; Rotary.
"The one principle that surrounds everything is that of stewardship; that we are the managers of everything that God has given us".
Serving Wallowa County as Commissioner
- Although a part time position, I will give it my full attention while my family carries on our business.
- I will help encourage fiscal responsibility, delivery of quality services, and help ensure that county government is meeting the needs of its citizens.
- I will advocate for the local people, and vigilantly watch for those things that might affect our County.
- I will always try to advocate for more local control as, "One size does not fit all."
- I will make it a priority to communicate with the people of Wallowa County.
- I will advocate for and help defend the Livestock, Agricultural and Natural Resource communities' ability to remain competitive.
Creating and Retaining a Healthy Economy
- I believe that small business is the backbone of a healthy economy.
- I will encourage local entrepreneurship as it creates a more diverse business community with greater job retention and consumer choice.
- I will work with local, regional and state organizations in the promotion of a healthy local tourism industry.
- To help retain our young people, I will do what I can to advocate for and encourage local educational opportunities and job creation.
- I will remain engaged in our local economic and business development organizations.
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Marc W. Stauffer.)