Occupation: Assistant Professor Emerita
Occupational Background: Assistant Professor, Director of Education, Administrator, Public Health & Preventive Medicine, OHSU, 1992-2009; Administrator in School of Engineering, other departments, UCLA, 1966-1992.
Educational Background: University of Oregon, B.A.; WSU, M.A; UCLA, Ed.D.
Prior Governmental Experience: Legislative Task Force, Oregon Commission on Children & Families; Washington County Commission on Children and Families; Northwest Regional Education Service District Board; Multnomah County DUII Advisory Committee.
Community Involvement: Past President, Oregon Public Health Association; Hillsboro School District Curriculum Committee.
Good Neighbor. Great Ideas.
Katie Riley wants to put Oregon back to work.
- Katie believes we need to cut red tape and expand access to loans to help small businesses
- Katie will work to end tax breaks for out-of-state corporations and companies that ship jobs overseas
- Katie will hold banks and lenders accountable
Katie Riley is a common-sense leader who will protect our schools, our communities and our families.
- Katie has advocated tirelessly for school innovation for student success
- Katie knows our community colleges are crucial to training our workforce. Katie will work to end college tuition hikes
- Katie will fight to protect funding for fire and police for 24/7 coverage
Katie Riley is dedicated to accountability, efficiency and changing the way government does business.
- Katie has practical experience overseeing budgets and managing multimillion dollar projects
- Katie will keep state agencies accountable and transparent with how they spend our money.
- Katie understands it’s time to make healthcare providers honest about costs and premium increases to guarantee quality, affordable care
Katie is also nominated by the Independent Party
Oregon Education Association
Oregon State Council for Retired Citizens
Oregon Small Business for Responsible Leadership
Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
Oregon Council of Police Associations
Oregon Nurses Association
Pete Truax, Forest Grove Mayor
Tom Hughes, former Hillsboro Mayor
Aron Carleson, Hillsboro City Councilor
Olga Acuna, Hillsboro City Councilor
(This information furnished by Katie Riley.)