Occupation: Baker County Commission Chair
Occupational Background: Baker County Commissioner (8 years), Owner: Cattle and Hay Ranch Owner
Educational Background: BS Business, Oregon State University; Baker High School, 1972
Prior Governmental Experience: 5J School Board member; State Commission on Children and Families Board; Chairman Northeast Area Commission on Transportation
I am asking for your vote for Baker County Commission Chair. I am proud of the work that the County has accomplished over the past 7 1/2 years to support our natural resource industries, protect our natural beauty and to enhance the Baker County way of life.
I bring common sense decision making to County government. A real fiscal conservative, I have balanced the County budget every year. The core values of Public Safety, Public Health, General Services and Roads continue to be my focus. While federal, state and other local entities are in financial trouble and in political upheaval, Baker County has dealt with our issues and provided stable government. We continue to do more by efficiency and hard work.
If re-elected, I promise to work hard to:
- Help keep Ashgrove Cement and the 116 jobs open and thriving
- Site the Idaho Power Transmission line where it has the least effect on County residents
- Bring jobs back to the woods
- Maintain access to our National Forests for all citizens
- Maintain citizen friendly service by all County employees
- Work with all federal, state and local officials to represent Baker County interests.
I want to thank you for your past support and look forward to serving you in the future.
(This information furnished by Win With Warner, Robert Burgess, Treasurer #14562.)