Representative in Congress
Occupational Background: Attorney helping Oregonians start high-tech and international trade businesses
Educational Background: Stanford University, Harvard Medical School, Yale Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: None
FIGHTING TO BRING GOOD JOBS TO OREGON
David Wu is fighting for the changes we need to get our country back on track. He stands up to both parties to find common-sense solutions that create the good, middle-class jobs we need in Oregon by:
- Helping small businesses grow. David Wu is working to create new tax credits for businesses that hire people who have been unemployed for 60 days or more.
- Supporting community colleges. David Wu chairs the Congressional Community College Caucus and fights to prepare Oregonians for high-paying, high-skill jobs that don’t require a four-year degree.
- Strengthening Oregon’s leadership in clean, renewable energy. David Wu helped establish tax breaks for companies that manufacture solar panels and grants to train people to install them.
“David is an innovator, providing companies like ours with the resources and tools to continue to grow and invest in our community.”
CEO, ClearEdge Power
David Wu is fighting to create more high-wage, private sector jobs and make our government and big corporations more accountable to regular Oregonians by:
- Saying “no” to wasteful spending and closing foreign tax shelters that reward corporations for outsourcing goodpaying American jobs.
- Standing up to Wall Street by passing a law to make big banks clean up their own mess.
- Demanding we ban taxpayer bailouts of BP after its irresponsible actions in the Gulf and fighting to permanently ban oil drilling along the Oregon coast.
- Investing in our schools to train workers for available jobs and lay the foundation for long-term economic growth.
“David understands that strong schools and job training programs help get Oregonians back to work and are key to our economic recovery.”
Board Member, Portland Community College
(This information furnished by David Wu for Congress.)