Occupation: State Senator
Occupational Background: Small Business Owner, Farmer, Teacher
Educational Background: Cornell University, B.S., Science Education; University of Illinois, M.S., Entomology; Portland State University, M.S., Education
Prior Governmental Experience: Clackamas County Commissioner; Committee for Citizen Involvement
Personal: Married to Kurt; Children: Claire, Maren, Steven, Ryan, Travis
Community Service: Workforce Investment Council of Clackamas County, Clackamas County Business Alliance, American Red Cross, Clackamas Women's Services
ELECT MARTHA SCHRADER
OREGON STATE SENATOR, DISTRICT 20
Since 2009, Martha Schrader has been OUR Senator. She has earned a reputation for being fair and hardworking. She is a legislator who listens to and fights for real Oregonians.
Martha is running because she is an acknowledged leader in the areas of land use, job creation, and veteran's services. She has served us for eight years and is a proven problem solver.
Martha Will Help Put People Back To Work:
- She helped pass a transportation package that brought $23 million to Clackamas County, creating family-wage jobs and infrastructure improvement.
- She co-sponsored legislation that will give small businesses access to the loans they need to create and save jobs.
Martha Will Work for Open Government:
- She is co-chair of the Transparency Oregon Advisory Commission, working to make our government more open and accessible.
- She will continue to advocate for citizen participation in the legislative process.
Martha Will Put Hardworking Middle Class Families First:
- She helped preserve childcare for 5,500 children, enabling families to afford to go to work.
- She extended unemployment benefits for nearly 19,000 Oregonians, easing the burden of the economic recession.
Martha Will Champion Economic Development by:
- Retaining, expanding and attracting businesses that provide family-wage jobs.
- Implementing workforce initiatives that attract federal dollars.
- Expanding Clackamas County's nationally renowned job placement program for returning military personnel to the rest of the state.
For more information visit: www.marthaschrader.com(This information furnished by Friends of Martha Schrader.)