Occupation: Environmental consultant on water and natural resources protection and toxics management
Occupational Background: Over 35 years of technical and management experience in private sector. Public sector planning experience with Lane Council of Governments and Lane County; Health researcher at OHSU; Teaching background: K-12, high school, university, Peace Corps
Educational Background: Reed College, B.S. Chemistry; University of Minnesota, M.S. Medical Biochemistry; Cornell University, M.S., Hydrology
Prior Governmental Experience: Water Resources Planner, Lane Council of Governments, Eugene; Manager, Lane County Water Laboratory, Eugene
Community Service: Co-Chair, Metro Committee for Citizen Involvement; Activist and Platform Committee member, Democratic Party of Oregon; Elected Representative, Democratic 1st Congressional District Committee; PCP, Activist, Washington County Democrats; Canvasser for Yes on 66 and 67; Onward Oregon activist
WHAT I WANT TO DO
- Create a stable Rainy Day fund to protect education, public safety, and health.
- Create jobs by providing state support to local businesses investing in "green" technologies.
- Stabilize education funding; improve connections between high schools, community colleges, and universities.
- Improve water resource planning and protection; complete the Marine Reserves process.
- Create a State Bank to ensure Oregon's investments stay in Oregon.
- Ensure that Stafford Area developers listen to the concerns of all Stafford residents.
WHY I AM RUNNING
- I have been an activist in progressive politics for the last decade and will bring broad expertise to the legislature.
- I have lived in Stafford for 19 years and care deeply about wise land use planning.
- I want to see Tualatin and West Linn represented in the Oregon Legislature by someone who knows the district thoroughly.
- I have traveled widely in Oregon and want Oregon to be a 21st Century leader.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
I will be accessible to all the people in my district and will be an independent thinker, free to tend to the needs of the district and not beholden to special interests or the state's political elites.
(This information furnished by Rosenthal for Representative.)