Occupation: Retired Business Owner
Occupational Background: Owner, Northey Pipeline, a underground utility contractor, established in 1980
Educational Background: Attended California State College at San Bernardino
Prior Governmental Experience: Current Board Member, Fern Ridge Library District, Veneta
Community Service: Assistant Scout Master, Troop 359, Oregon Trail Council
Family: Wife Tina, two children and six grandchildren
D.W. Northey for West Lane County Commissioner
In 2008, Eugene's property crime rate increased by 26 percent and represented the worst single-year property crime increase in the United States.
- Bring back respect for the Criminal Justice System in Lane County - Absolutely no more catch and release.
- Build a tough on crime reputation.
- Deal strongly with drug related crimes.
- Give our Sheriff and local law enforcement the resources they need to do their job more effectively.
Lane County Economy:
Small business is vital to our economy.
- Nurture small business and keep people working.
- Encourage buy local awareness.
- Recruit new businesses to utilize existing facilities.
- Encourage the use of the County Fairgrounds to generate greater revenue.
- Create community service opportunities to reduce County costs.
D.W. believes we can find new sources of revenue within our county in part by exploring ideas of our civic minded residents. We seek new sources of revenue without taxing our citizens or our businesses.
Electing D.W. Northey will bring back a common sense, conservative majority to the Board of Commissioners. He has successfully owned and operated a small business for nearly 28 years before retiring. He ran the business, paid the bills and made a profit. Lane County needs this experience.
D.W. will not accept any monetary campaign contributions. If you agree with his hope for Lane County, please support him with your vote.
(This information furnished by D.W. Northey.)