Occupation: business development specialist
Occupational Background: electronics design; manufacturing; financial management; public service
Educational Background: Dartmouth College; public schools
Prior Governmental Experience: chair: NASA industry advisory council; consumer advocate: Oregon Construction Contractors Board; Portland Environmental Services Director; chair: Portland Private Industry Council
- House Majority Leader
- chair, Land Use Committee
- co-chair, Joint Ways and Means Committee
- co-chair, Pro-Choice Caucus
- Task Force on Senior Services
Nolan focused on jobs and worker fairness.
- Expanded small business loan programs.
- Provided additional consumer protections against fraudulent business practices.
Nolan delivered hundreds of millions more for education.
- Provided matching dollars for new classrooms, laboratories and libraries for community colleges and universities around Oregon.
- Stabilized funding for HeadStart, K-12 schools and college scholarships.
Nolan is an astute, effective environmental champion.
- Helped protect the Metolius River, family farms, marine reserves.
- Expanded pollution control programs, scientific research, and clean energy research.
Nolan steadfastly defends civil liberties.
- Led strategy that defeated every anti-abortion bill.
- Sponsored bill to create civil unions.
Nolan stood for affordable health care, and she made a difference.
- Negotiated deal to provide healthcare for 80,000 Oregon children.
- Sponsored law to control prescription costs in Oregon Health Plan.
I enjoy representing SW Portland in the legislature and cherish the opportunity I've had to meet many people around this district. Together, we have begun to put Oregon back on track, and I am anxious to do more. I hope I have earned your support and your vote again!
Proven Leadership. Real Solutions.
(This information furnished by Mary Nolan.)