Occupation: Health Policy Chair, Foundation for Medical Excellence; President, Estes Park Institute
Occupational Background: Emergency Room Physician, Roseburg 1974-1988
Educational Background: South Eugene HS, 1965; B.A., Dartmouth College, 1969; M.D., University of Oregon Medical School, 1973.
Prior Governmental Experience: Governor 1995-2003; Senate President 1985-1993; State Senator 1981-1993; State Representative 1979-1980
John Kitzhaber for Governor
Committed to Oregon
John Kitzhaber's innovative leadership has made a tremendous difference for Oregon:
- Proposing education funding increases every budget as Governor,while setting higher standards.
- Jumpstarting Oregon's high tech and renewable energy economies.
- Authoring the Oregon Health Plan, extending health coverage to more, Oregonians.
- Creating successful new strategies to protect Oregon's farms, forests, clean water and salmon.
- Creating Oregon's first sustainability board.
Dear Fellow Oregonian,
We face incredible challenges. But working together, as Oregonians, we will meet them. I am confident that our best days are ahead.
I ask for your vote to:
- Change how we invest in education from pre-school through college so kids arrive at school ready to learn and get the tools they need to succeed in a competitive world.
- Implement a new economic strategy for urban and rural Oregon to create more good jobs and end Oregon's "boom and bust" economic cycles.
- Expand clean, renewable energy projects to create jobs and protect our natural heritage.
Read my detailed plans at www.johnkitzhaber.com.
My pledge is to tell you the truth; to address our problems now instead of leaving them to our children; and to bring Oregonians together to move us forward.
Endorsed by Democratic leaders including:
Attorney General John Kroger
Superintendent of Public Instruction Susan Castillo
Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian
Oregon State Fire Fighters Councilv NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon PAC
Over 100 elected leaders across Oregon
See the full list at www.johnkitzhaber.com
(This information furnished by Kitzhaber 2010.)