Representative in Congress
Occupational Background: Healthcare in various positions 1974-1999; Teaching, public school (substitute) 2000-2001; Teaching, private school 2001-2003; Small business owner (Jalapeno Jayne's) 2007-2008
Educational Background: Concordia University Ann Arbor, BA, Human Resources Administration 2001
Prior Governmental Experience: None; Ran for US Congress, 2008
I'm a real person who spent my life working in real jobs. I worked in healthcare for 25 years, taught in private and public schools and homeschooled my youngest daughter. I was a small business owner. I was a single mom. I have been married, widowed, and am remarried to a disabled Viet Nam vet. In other words, I am you. I am your voice.
- I am not a career politician; I owe no one and no one owns me.
- I will obey my constitutional oath.
- I will fight any bill that increases debt or taxes.
- I will fight for the sovereign rights of the states and of the people.
- I will fight governmental control & regulation from individual lives.
- The 2nd amendment says "shall not be infringed". Period.
- Our vets deserve the best healthcare available.
- I will be a good steward of your money and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- My integrity cannot be bought or traded. Honesty is back on the ballot!
- The people are in charge- I am your public servant.
I have signed:
- the 'Repeal It' pledge to repeal any national healthcare law that may be passed by the current Congress.
- the 10th Amendment pledge to protect state sovereignty.
- the New Contract with America.
- Mary Starrett, Director, Oregonians for Life
- Sportsmen's and Animal Owners' Voting Alliance (SAOVA)
- 912 Candidates, Gold List 912 Candidates, 07/26/09
- Republican Liberty Caucus, Republican Liberty Caucus 2010 endorsed candidates, 12/23,09
- Liberty Slate 2010, Liberty Slate Candidates, 01/02/10
(This information furnished by Jaynee Germond.)