Occupation: Deschutes County District Attorney
Occupational Background: Private Law Practice; Deputy District Attorney, Deschutes County; Deputy District Attorney, Baker County; Car Sales; Construction Worker
Educational Background: Oregon State University, 1969-70; University of Oregon, BS Degree in Political Science; Lewis & Clark College, Northwestern School of Law, JD Degree, 1976, Career Prosecutor’s Course, National College of District Attorneys, 1977
Prior Governmental Experience: Executive Committee, Oregon District Attorneys Association; President, Oregon District Attorneys Association; Board Member, Bend-La Pine Education Foundation; Current Board Member, Oregon Chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Hard-nosed, Independent Prosecutor
Keeping Deschutes County Citizens Safe
Tough on Crime
I am a third generation Oregonian. I have made Deschutes County my home since 1978. As your District Attorney, I have worked to take violent criminals off the street, hold offenders accountable and protect victims of crime.
Innovative and Responsible
As your District Attorney, I have spent each and every day working to protect the citizens of Deschutes County. I have been instrumental in creating programs focused on keeping our communities safe while saving taxpayers money. These programs include:
- The Kids Center
- Safe Schools Alliance
Over 50% reductions in school violence
- Bad Check Enforcement Program
Over $220,000 in restitution for merchants
Over $29,000 to Victim’s Assistance program
No taxpayer or merchant cost
- Community Accountability Program
$2,250 to Victim’s Assistance program
- Mental Health Treatment Court
- Domestic Violence Treatment Court
Over 500 referrals
No additional cost to taxpayers
- Family Drug Treatment Court
- 16 Deschutes County Deputy District Attorneys: Stephen Gunnels, Mary Anderson, Kandy Gies, Darryl Nakahira, Kari Hathorn, Evander McIver, Daniel Reesor, Phil Duong, Jonathan Char, Sheryl Blackman, Brentley Foster, Brandi E.K. Shroyer, Beth Bagley, Jody Vaughan, Stacy Neil, Brigid Turner, Jason Kropf.
- Oregon Anti-Crime Alliance
- Crime Victims United
I need your help to continue my work protecting the people of Deschutes County. Re-elect Mike Dugan, District Attorney.
(This information furnished by Mike Dugan.)