Occupation: Klamath County District Attorney.
Occupational Background: Klamath County District Attorney 1985-Present; Deputy District Attorney, Klamath County 1982-84; General practice of law, Lane County, Oregon 1979-1982.
Educational Background: University of Oregon School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1979; Brockport State University, Bachelors Degree, 1975.
Prior Governmental Experience: Founder of Klamath County Citizen’s for Safe Schools; Elder Abuse Task Force; Methamphetamine Task Force; Anti-Terrorism Task Force; DUII Task Force; Domestic Violence Reduction Unit. Appointed to Attorney General’s Violent Crime Task Force; Governor’s Corrections Task Force.
Your District Attorney: Fighting for a Safe Community.
- Ed Caleb supports Measure 11 passed by voters to provide mandatory sentences for violent criminals who commit homicide, assault, robbery, and sexual offenses.
- Ed Caleb fights to keep violent convicts where they belong: in prison.
- Ed Caleb’s top priority is the protection of children from neglect, abuse, sexual crimes, and internet crimes directed at our kids and grandkids.
- Ed Caleb helps victims get restitution from criminals. He protects vulnerable citizens by focusing on elder abuse and domestic violence.
- Ed Caleb believes that water is life. He worked to protect water rights in 2001.
- Ed Caleb founded Citizens for Safe Schools to provide a safe educational environment.
- Ed Caleb founded Klamath County’s Methamphetamine Task Force to confront our most dangerous drug problem.
- Ed Caleb: Leadership to protect Klamath County and preserve our way of life.
(This information furnished by Committee to Re-Elect Ed Caleb Klamath County District Attorney.)