Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
Occupational Background: Senior Tax Manager, Harsch Investment Properties, Jones & Roth; Tax Principal, BKR Fordham Goodfellow; Senior Tax Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers; Controller, The Arcand Co; Senior Tax Specialist, KPMG Peat Marwick.
Educational Background: BS, Accounting, Cal State Northridge.
Prior Governmental Experience: Member, Hillsboro Planning Commission; Tax Fraud Investigative Aide, Internal Revenue Service.
Community Service: Board of Directors, (Member- 2000-05, Chair- 2004); Member, Government Policy Advisory Committee, Budget Committee, By Laws Review, Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce; Domestic Violence, Education Outreach; Crisis Counselor, Washington County Rape Crisis Center.
Katie Eyre Brewer: New Leadership for
Hillsboro, Cornelius and Forest Grove
"As an accountant, I understand how decisions made in Salem can affect Oregon's businesses and workers. Oregon has lost over 148,000 jobs over the past year, yet the current Legislature increased spending, approved new taxes, fees and debt; and passed measures that are hurting our struggling employers and their employees. Our community needs new and innovative leadership in Salem. Please join me." -Katie Eyre Brewer
Create Jobs, Improve Oregon's Economy
- Reduce bureaucracy and red-tape, move forward with shovel-ready projects.
- Make smart investments in Oregon's transportation system and public works infrastructure.
- Pass effective tax reforms to spur private-sector investments and to provide tax relief to families.
Prepare Oregon's Kids for a Better Future
- Fund schools first, maximize funding for classroom education.
- Modernize Oregon's classrooms with new technologies.
- Protect and expand access to Oregon universities and community colleges.
Make State Government More Efficient, Effective
- Protect funding for education, public safety and human services.
- Curb Salem's unsustainable spending, scrutinize nonessential programs and tax giveaways.
- Force state agencies to justify increased spending requests and higher fees.
Reduce Health Care Costs, Help Oregon's Most Vulnerable
- Allow Oregonians, small businesses to deduct health insurance premiums from state taxes.
- Protect the Oregon Health Plan for low-income and uninsured Oregonians.
- Protect and expand access to in-home care for senior citizens.
(This information furnished by Katie Eyre Brewer.)